Any news about cost of ORC

Forums: Any news about cost of ORC
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Re: Any news about cost of ORC

Postby _Fertig » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:30 am

_Fertig Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:30 am
I can totally second that. I'm even smaller here, I'm willing to invest, but in need a direction where this is going to. Is there any official timeline for ORC?

Thank you.
_Fertig
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby xcaseyx » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:48 pm

xcaseyx Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:48 pm
Goldorak wrote:v3's improved net rendering will be the cheapest solution for normal static renders under 4 MP. ORC is for jobs that can scale across hundreds to thousands of GPUs and finish months of 10x gpu render work overnight. It will also be critical for punishing massive datasets for real time use in VR/AR and modern post processing pipelines.

are you saying that visual fx, motion graphics, motion design, etc, aren't in the scope of what ORC is targeting? If so, please amend the EULA that says we can't use octane on Amazon, or any cloud, system so that we can actually use this product commercially in those industries.
xcaseyx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:00 am

Goldorak Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:00 am
xcaseyx wrote:are you saying that visual fx, motion graphics, motion design, etc, aren't in the scope of what ORC is targeting?

No. ORC is for everything that Octane is for and more. There is a threshold where local GPU rendering is going to be more costly than ORC. This will vary case by case, and we want to help guide customers towards the best value.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:59 am

Rikk The Gaijin Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:59 am
Goldorak, can we have an update on the ORC situation? You said ORC was part of Octane 2.x cycle, but now Octane v3 is out (well, at least the alpha), and still no news about it so what's going on?
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 pm

bepeg4d Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 pm
Hi Rikk,
quoting from the v3 alpha discussion:
Added login and delta syncing to the Octane Render Cloud (ORC). Please be aware that you can't create an ORC account yet, but this will be possible soon.

As you can see in the v3 menu, there is the "Cloud" option. If you have already an account, you should be able to login and see how the things were evolved compared to the Metaverse competition. At least, something is moving also in this section, don't you think?
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Rikk The Gaijin Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:19 pm
I don't have an account
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Goldorak Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:45 pm
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:I don't have an account

Sorry about that. I thought you did! Vlad will sort out. ORC is going to be migrating to V3 alpha 2 next week, and will be updated with the latest stable V3 alpha releases going forward, as will ORC integration in SE and plug-ins (uploading an ORBX file on orc.otoy.com works independently of this).
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:56 am

Rikk The Gaijin Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:56 am
Goldorak wrote:Sorry about that. I thought you did! Vlad will sort out. ORC is going to be migrating to V3 alpha 2 next week, and will be updated with the latest stable V3 alpha releases going forward, as will ORC integration in SE and plug-ins (uploading an ORBX file on orc.otoy.com works independently of this).

But it sounds that is still going to be something available only for a handful of people for testing purposes. My question is, when ORC will be available to everyone, and when can we have a price guide?
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to OctaneRender Cloud