Can Octane support part or mesh splitting?

Forums: Can Octane support part or mesh splitting?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Can Octane support part or mesh splitting?

Postby haknslash » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm

haknslash Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm
Just curious is Octane devs have any plans to allow for mesh or part splitting inside the Standalone in the future? Sometimes models import all the parts as a single material even though they have different materials assigned in CAD. In my other renderer software (Bunkspeed) I'm able to quickly fix this issue by selecting the parts and splitting the mesh on a surface. In Octane this could put the new mesh as a new material since Octane does not build a root directory tree. There may be a way to do that now but I'm still new and trying to learn the ropes of Octane.
900D | 4770k | ASUS Maximus VI Extreme | 2x RTX 2080 Ti's | 32GB RAM | AX1200i | Win 7 64bit | Autodesk Inventor | 3DS Max | Blender | Mudbox | Alias
haknslash
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Can Octane support part or mesh splitting?

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:15 am

Rikk The Gaijin Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:15 am
You can do this if the file is Alembic. Select the ABC node and click on the options (the little wrench icon in the top-right corner), and uncheck "Merge materials with the same name".
Octane will create a material node for each mesh inside your imported Alembic scene.
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion