Is the Student version for US students only?

Forums: Is the Student version for US students only?
Area for student license holders to post questions and discuss octane.

Is the Student version for US students only?

Postby strollinthewoods » Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 pm

strollinthewoods Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 pm
Thought I`d have some good chances of getting an answer to that question here - because if any of you are from another place you would know right =)

The reason I`m asking is that I`m a teacher in Norway, and has been using Octane since the beta myself - and urge all my students to try it out after I saw there was a student version.
None of them has been able to actually download octane though - so my question stands - is it for US students only?

/Kim.
win 7 64 | intel i7 quad 3.4Ghz | geforce gtx580 | 16 gb
strollinthewoods
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Is the Student version for US students only?

Postby hellguy » Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 am

hellguy Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 am
As the student license program is intended only for university students, we require applicants to provide an education email address to verify their student status.
If your students are using an education email address, and our site does not recognize it, please let us know.

Alternatively, they can apply for a free trial of OctaneVR during the Metaverse competition, using the links available on the Metaverse contest page.
(OctaneVR is a feature-limited version of OctaneRender, however it is running a newer version of the OctaneRender engine than the student version)
hellguy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to General Discussion