Giving up, Linux servers don't have services running

Forums: Giving up, Linux servers don't have services running
Discussion forum for ORBX on OTOY's Amazon AMIs

Giving up, Linux servers don't have services running

Postby Piezas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 am

Piezas Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 am
I've tried starting and stopping the game and workstation images over and over. It doesn't look like the web socket query is being addressed by any service on the linux AMI's. And I can't find any substantial software in the system or docs to figure out what could/should be running. Any help? Is anyone using the linux images?
Piezas

Re: Giving up, Linux servers don't have services running

Postby Goldorak » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:13 am

Goldorak Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:13 am
We're able to reproduce the issue on the Linux AMIs as well and are looking into what happened. The websocket proxy is being blocked with the latest update. We will fix or revert. JAX will follow up when this is resolved. Thank you for your patience.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Piezas » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:33 am

Piezas Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:33 am
Thanks for jumping on it so quickly. I really would love to find a good cloud image. BTW, do you know if the GRID SDK and/or CUDA SDK are already installed? Or, is there a list of installed packages maintained somewhere? Thanks,
Piezas

Postby Icer5k » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Icer5k Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 pm
Just wanted to update everyone and let you know that the linux AMIs should be working again. If you have existing instances that are running and not working, just reboot them and they should come up.

Piezas - the GPU drivers are installed, but I don't believe any of the development libraries or headers are available on the AMIs. The installed packages are just the base Ubuntu "ubuntu-desktop" meta-package and all its dependencies. Of course, you can install anything you'd like, including the GRID or CUDA SDKs.
Icer5k
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to ORBX on Amazon AMIs