what you can do with OR in 10 minutes

Forums: what you can do with OR in 10 minutes
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

what you can do with OR in 10 minutes

Postby rappet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 pm

rappet Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 pm
I am updating my portfolio and since I met Octane Render the old school images I made with other rendersoftwares are not good enough anymore.
So, i.e. I got a productvisualization of a modelled chair from a few years back, I exported it to an obj,
tweaked adn applied some materials from the DB library, added a hdri background and rendered within 6 minutes in PT.. et voila.. I got a so so so so much better visual.
I know the old visual ain't a beauty ans is not made with pretty materials and the 3D-model is not quiet good either (looking at the not smoothed bottomplate and other details),
but I wanted to show how fast a result can be accomplished and I just wanted to share my hapiness working with Octane that sets the high standard :D
greetz,
Attachments
Tapperworks_InnovationC.jpg
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Works In Progress