X-particles Based Medical Segmentation and OCTANE Render

Forums: X-particles Based Medical Segmentation and OCTANE Render
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

X-particles Based Medical Segmentation and OCTANE Render

Postby cglittenberg » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:48 pm

cglittenberg Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:48 pm
GPU Rendering (CUDA) of Semi-automated CT Reconstruction of Lower Face

This is an example of a method I am working on to automatically segment and render computer tomography data of real patients. The data was segmented using particle cloud generation with the x-particle plug-in inside Cinema 4D. The cloud was subsequently meshed with the DPIT mesher. The resulting meshes were then rendered on the GPU using the Octane Plugin inside Cinema 4D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyHp5Fi9uCA
Attachments
Dental1.jpg
Dental2.jpg
Dental3.jpg
Dr. Carl Glittenberg
Glittenberg Medical Visualizations
Intel(R) Core(TM)i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80Ghz 2.80Ghz 6,00 GB RAM Windows 7 Home Premium Nvidia GeForce GTX 480
cglittenberg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: X-particles Based Medical Segmentation and OCTANE Render

Postby ten » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 pm

ten Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 pm
This is really nice, Carl.

Have you had a look at the new Krakatoa plug for C4D yet? ( http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krakatoa-c4d/ ) Its supposed to be great with particles and may be good for the kind of work you're doing.

I saw some of your other renders using Realflow for the meshing. What has been the best work flow / app sequence you have found so far for this kind of thing?

ten
( PC ) i7 5960x octal 4.5ghz / 64GB / 2x Titan X 12GB / 1x 780 6GB - ( Laptop ) i7 4790k 4ghz / 32GB / 980M 8GB - Octane CD4 2.x / C4DR16.x / win 8.x
ten
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery