OcDS 2.1 PRE RELEASE 5th

Forums: OcDS 2.1 PRE RELEASE 5th
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS 2.1 PRE RELEASE 5th

Postby Squirtle » Fri May 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Squirtle Fri May 29, 2015 3:50 pm
voto1979 wrote:Sorry IRAY guys you dont get it! Ok daz3D update there render engine which is great. But with Octane I can use almost every 3d package where I feel comfortable or where things are easy to do. I export all the stuff or I use the plugin to transfer anything to the standalone version or I can render in any application with a single render engine. Work with the tools you can get the most out of it.. and if Octane is not the tool of your choice anymore, stop at least yelling around and spamming the forum / thread with the offtopic IRAY.

Any Iray guys around here are also OcDS guys, and we'd like to have both Iray and OcDS actually functional and available to us. If there was any new information worth talking about among users regarding the OcDS plugin itself, this thread would naturally be about that again. For now though, we're a bunch of OcDS licensees still left in the dark, as we have been for a long time.

I wish this forum didn't feel like such a ghost town, where the subject users are discussing the most is a competing software. Was it always this quiet around here, that a new topic is posted to the forum only once every three or four days? Many people have complained about the lack of recent communication and information from the OcDS developer. Nobody has bothered addressing the complaints from users who wonder why if they paid for beta software, they no longer get access to new beta builds (it's been many months since the last public update). The lack of any clear and regular communication gives the impression that something major is being hidden, such as the possibility that t3 has left the project. No effort has been made by t3 to improve communications, and it's a good bet the current state of the forum is the result of that.

Considering the understandable level of frustration among users, it's actually quite civil around here, which speaks well of the community. It's hard not to take the lack of communication as a sign of great disrespect towards us though. I can't help think that it's completely crazy on Otoy's part to still refrain from coming into the forum, unless they're purposefully distancing themselves from a dead duck, hoping they can stretch this out until we all lose interest and forget we once paid for something.
Desktop - Win 7, Intel i7-2600, GeForce GTX Titan X
Laptop - Win 10, Intel i7-3740QM, Quadro K3000M
Squirtle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Veneris » Fri May 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Veneris Fri May 29, 2015 7:34 pm
Squirtle wrote:
voto1979 wrote:Sorry IRAY guys you dont get it! Ok daz3D update there render engine which is great. But with Octane I can use almost every 3d package where I feel comfortable or where things are easy to do. I export all the stuff or I use the plugin to transfer anything to the standalone version or I can render in any application with a single render engine. Work with the tools you can get the most out of it.. and if Octane is not the tool of your choice anymore, stop at least yelling around and spamming the forum / thread with the offtopic IRAY.

Any Iray guys around here are also OcDS guys, and we'd like to have both Iray and OcDS actually functional and available to us. If there was any new information worth talking about among users regarding the OcDS plugin itself, this thread would naturally be about that again. For now though, we're a bunch of OcDS licensees still left in the dark, as we have been for a long time.

I wish this forum didn't feel like such a ghost town, where the subject users are discussing the most is a competing software. Was it always this quiet around here, that a new topic is posted to the forum only once every three or four days? Many people have complained about the lack of recent communication and information from the OcDS developer. Nobody has bothered addressing the complaints from users who wonder why if they paid for beta software, they no longer get access to new beta builds (it's been many months since the last public update). The lack of any clear and regular communication gives the impression that something major is being hidden, such as the possibility that t3 has left the project. No effort has been made by t3 to improve communications, and it's a good bet the current state of the forum is the result of that.

Considering the understandable level of frustration among users, it's actually quite civil around here, which speaks well of the community. It's hard not to take the lack of communication as a sign of great disrespect towards us though. I can't help think that it's completely crazy on Otoy's part to still refrain from coming into the forum, unless they're purposefully distancing themselves from a dead duck, hoping they can stretch this out until we all lose interest and forget we once paid for something.

Maybe people here have not made a revolution and unrest, because they still have faith that someday OCDS will work. I have faith.
Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30Ghz (Quad Core), 12.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 620. Windows 7 (64 bits)
Veneris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ch0pper » Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 pm

ch0pper Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 pm
well i think iray been out for 3 months now? on daz.
and it given octane run for its money, i think the sss is better on iray

W7 64 bit |I7-3970X | GTX 780 X2(6GB) GTX 780TI X2 | 64 GB DDR3 RAM
Real Skin & real hair for Poser / DAZ Studio OctaneRender/iray - coming soon
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Hydra » Sat May 30, 2015 12:50 am

Hydra Sat May 30, 2015 12:50 am
I have to say, I'm jealous of iRay on one hand, but I simply can't afford to use it. Its soooo expensive.
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Spectralis » Sat May 30, 2015 1:17 am

Spectralis Sat May 30, 2015 1:17 am
I've also noticed something mentioned before in this thread that my GPU's run cooler with iRAY. Maybe that's because they aren't instantly updating the scene like OcDS does.

I think we ALL want to see OcDS released after having spent $$$ supporting it for so long. It would be a strange person who didn't. Until that day it's very informative to compare iRAY with OcDS because, as unbiased render users, we have a head start on many of those new to iRAY. The more unbiased renderers available for DS the better and the more we share knowledge about them the more this will help those who are new to this scene.

The main reason I asked about installing iRAY on this forum is because, as a OcDS user, I need to be very careful what I upgrade in case it affects OcDS. If I didn't have OcDS then I wouldn't bother asking. I would just go ahead and upgrade to DS 4.8 without any potential problems. We need to share information about compatibility between DS/iRAY and OcDS. Until OcDS is finally released and t_3 is available for support then all we've have is each other on this forum to ask for help.
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme, i7 3770k, 32GB RAM, 4 x GTX760 4GB, Win 8.1 x64.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Squirtle » Sat May 30, 2015 2:40 am

Squirtle Sat May 30, 2015 2:40 am
Veneris wrote:
Maybe people here have not made a revolution and unrest, because they still have faith that someday OCDS will work. I have faith.

It's a strange company that lets the customers have back and forth discussions about whether they have enough faith in the product ever being finished, and doesn't weigh in on the conversation themselves. It makes me think that Otoy themselves don't have faith it will ever be released.
Desktop - Win 7, Intel i7-2600, GeForce GTX Titan X
Laptop - Win 10, Intel i7-3740QM, Quadro K3000M
Squirtle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sikotik13 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:04 am

sikotik13 Sun May 31, 2015 5:04 am
Squirtle wrote:
Veneris wrote:

It's a strange company that lets the customers have back and forth discussions about whether they have enough faith in the product ever being finished, and doesn't weigh in on the conversation themselves. It makes me think that Otoy themselves don't have faith it will ever be released.

I would raise that a notch or more to "Otoy couldn't care less if it is finished," personally. Having had a few pm and email discussions with t_3, he was never raking in much of a profit from sales, and never seemed to really care about that. He genuinely wants to make the best plugin he can. While I very much dislike t_3's tendency to shut off and disappear, I honestly think the only thing that could stop him from doing so (eventually), would be Otoy forcing him to, or something actually making it physically impossible to continue. I don't like anything about the methods being used to achieve this goal so far, but I believe t_3's interest in reaching said goal is genuine and heartfelt.

That said, as I have alluded multiple times, I pretty much hold Otoy responsible. They are who I paid, and technically, at best, t_3 could only be held liable as a contractor for them. I can't see how an entire team that can constantly toot their own horn all over their forums can ignore the only forum where no one is giving answers. Clearly, if they were too busy to monitor forums, they would all be equally ignored, not just this one. Likewise, for all of their professed assistance to their contractors (One time, in the one thread started in the main forum asking about this plugin, presuming it didn't get deleted at some point), the single most voiced complaint in said ignored forum is a lack of information, something any of the posting employees could handle. In fact, given their tendency to pop up all over the place (read: anywhere not here), they should be experts at it (professionals, even! I know, I chuckled slightly too). Assuming, of course, they actually had anything substance to those types of claims. Maybe they'll get to it "soon."
| Intel i7-5960x @ 3.8 GHz| ASUS X99-E WS | 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 2400 Ram | 4x EVGA GTX 980 Ti | Win10 Professional x64 | Watercooled
sikotik13
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby vortex3d » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:09 am

vortex3d Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:09 am
sikotik13 wrote:
Squirtle wrote:
Veneris wrote:

I would raise that a notch or more to "Otoy couldn't care less if it is finished," personally. Having had a few pm and email discussions with t_3, he was never raking in much of a profit from sales, and never seemed to really care about that. He genuinely wants to make the best plugin he can. While I very much dislike t_3's tendency to shut off and disappear, I honestly think the only thing that could stop him from doing so (eventually), would be Otoy forcing him to, or something actually making it physically impossible to continue. I don't like anything about the methods being used to achieve this goal so far, but I believe t_3's interest in reaching said goal is genuine and heartfelt.

That said, as I have alluded multiple times, I pretty much hold Otoy responsible. They are who I paid, and technically, at best, t_3 could only be held liable as a contractor for them. I can't see how an entire team that can constantly toot their own horn all over their forums can ignore the only forum where no one is giving answers. Clearly, if they were too busy to monitor forums, they would all be equally ignored, not just this one. Likewise, for all of their professed assistance to their contractors (One time, in the one thread started in the main forum asking about this plugin, presuming it didn't get deleted at some point), the single most voiced complaint in said ignored forum is a lack of information, something any of the posting employees could handle. In fact, given their tendency to pop up all over the place (read: anywhere not here), they should be experts at it (professionals, even! I know, I chuckled slightly too). Assuming, of course, they actually had anything substance to those types of claims. Maybe they'll get to it "soon."

Everyone keeps expressing their disappointment and frustrations with Otoy's inability to address this issue.
Sadly, these are all being read by people unable to resolve it.
OcDS is worth paying for, but Otoy is either not selling it right or can't figure out how to compete with FREE.
Also, having faith in humans is futile. You must be a gambler.
Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | GTX 660Ti, GTX TITAN, 6GB GDDR5 | Intel Core i7 3970x, 3.5 GHz | ASUS P9X79WS | 64GB RAM
vortex3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby asennov » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:28 am

asennov Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:28 am
Quiet hour... time for someone to say that everything will be fine... in the end.

:)
Win 7SP1 64bit | i7 3770 | 32Gb RAM | 2x780GTX
asennov
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Spectralis » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:13 am

Spectralis Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:13 am
I'll be celebrating my 2 year anniversary soon in case that's a topic of discussion. I notice certain, more hardened, veterans have been on the frontline for 2.5 years. I salute your staying power!
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme, i7 3770k, 32GB RAM, 4 x GTX760 4GB, Win 8.1 x64.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio