OcDS 2.1 PRE RELEASE 5th

Forums: OcDS 2.1 PRE RELEASE 5th
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OcDS 2.1 PRE RELEASE 5th

Postby 3dmania » Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 am

3dmania Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 am
nope, its causes crashes with 4.8, at least for me.
3dmania
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Zenrel » Tue May 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Zenrel Tue May 26, 2015 1:00 pm
It causing crashes for me too. I'm really hoping for this plug-in to be updated asap, but looks like its falling way behind and the dev hasn't pop in to update the crowd. Now I'm on the edge is either stick with it and keep hoping or get a refund and move on in using IRay.
Zenrel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Spectralis » Tue May 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Spectralis Tue May 26, 2015 3:27 pm
Are you both using the 2.1 release or the 1.2 plugin? I'm still using the 1.2 plugin but won't upgrade to DS 4.8 if it crashes.

As for refunds I'm hanging on in there hoping for a OcDS release that will blow iRAY away despite all the signs to the contrary. But it's par for the course that we can't try the latest version of DS and its unbiased renderer because the one we own, which doesn't work anyway, crashes DS 4.8. Incredible! Talk about kicking us when we're down. I'm sure there'll be a OcDS fix "SOON".

On the subject of "SOON" and despair here is a link to 'How Soon Is Now" (or in our case, 'How Soon is "SOON"') by the Smiths. This whole depressing experience deserves a theme tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMh8GQnDW8
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme, i7 3770k, 32GB RAM, 4 x GTX760 4GB, Win 8.1 x64.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby leblancd » Tue May 26, 2015 3:33 pm

leblancd Tue May 26, 2015 3:33 pm
Spectralis wrote:Are you both using the 2.1 release or the 1.2 plugin? I'm still using the 1.2 plugin but won't upgrade to DS 4.8 if it crashes.

As for refunds I'm hanging on in there hoping for a OcDS release that will blow iRAY away despite all the signs to the contrary. But it's par for the course that we can't try the latest version of DS and its unbiased renderer because the one we own, which doesn't work anyway, crashes DS 4.8. Incredible! Talk about kicking us when we're down. I'm sure there'll be a OcDS fix "SOON".

On the subject of "SOON" and despair here is a link to 'How Soon Is Now" (or in our case, 'How Soon is "SOON"') by the Smiths. This whole depressing experience deserves a theme tune:

You really make me laugh. :lol:

I've been laughing since Tugspx posted his photos and video, actually, but your "soon" reference is so funny.
Thank you. :-)
leblancd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Tue May 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Tugpsx Tue May 26, 2015 4:37 pm
asennov wrote:
Tugpsx wrote:Camera control for animation

I could animate DOF in 1.2 but more animation options is good to have.
Correct more animated functions.

Tugpsx wrote: Geograph preview screen

This image can be done without geograft at all, what are we "previewing" here? Tail didn't disappear, it's not snow white ? Hurrah!

Correct Geo-grafting is not needed for that image, its a single frame from an animation and yes the tail or horns did not fall off or disappear. Will post a simple animation. Is there a particular geo-graft product you would like to see tested?

Tugpsx wrote: Final button and expanded menu

Does it mean that render settings are now split between the preview viewport and "main pane" of plugin? Or main pane will not have them anymore?

You can render the normal view and save the images as before. The final button reduced scene mesh complexity and allows the renderer to work more efficiently. The rollout menu on the viewport contain most common options. Setting the scene resolution in the main plugin will be used for animation resolution and final resolution.
So if you set 1024x768 in your viewport but your main scene is set to 800x400 that's what will be rendered.
We are looking into an issue that causes it to only render the set amount of your overall viewport. So anything outside the set value will not be rendered. This sometime lead to unwanted cropping. The issue was resolved 2 release ago but then broken with update to Iray compatibility camera, last Daz release fixed the problem again.

Tugpsx wrote: OcDs image browser and animation preview

Animation preview from image series is huge task by itself. How big can images be in your case? Can you preview FullHD .exr with required FPS (30)? What about the layers, can preview assemble them to present "close to final" image? All in all, does it worth spending time on this while plugin still fails to do it's main task?

Preview is full image 30 FPS. You can scrub the animation, but we are not creating an animation editor so its basic playback for now. The format supported is dependent on your output. Will have to confirm .exr playback.

No i'm not trying to anger anyone, just dropping a few hints. Some have been asked to join in and refuse so please wait patiently as the reports return on the latest update. The changes from this weekend will need to be validated or we may consider the previous update while validating these changes.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Spectralis » Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Spectralis Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 pm
leblancd wrote:
Spectralis wrote:Are you both using the 2.1 release or the 1.2 plugin? I'm still using the 1.2 plugin but won't upgrade to DS 4.8 if it crashes.

You really make me laugh. :lol:

I've been laughing since Tugspx posted his photos and video, actually, but your "soon" reference is so funny.
Thank you. :-)

I hoped it might bring laughter through the tears. In a farce like this there's nothing left but to send it all up.
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme, i7 3770k, 32GB RAM, 4 x GTX760 4GB, Win 8.1 x64.
Spectralis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby asennov » Tue May 26, 2015 7:35 pm

asennov Tue May 26, 2015 7:35 pm
Tugpsx wrote:Correct Geo-grafting is not needed for that image, its a single frame from an animation and yes the tail or horns did not fall off or disappear. Will post a simple animation. Is there a particular geo-graft product you would like to see tested?

http://www.daz3d.com/from-the-deep-aquatic-genesis

It's for Genesis 1 but pretty heavy in geografting department :) and it's safe to show closeups of polygon stitching. (well, anyone want to test the private parts, but... :) )

Tugpsx wrote:So if you set 1024x768 in your viewport but your main scene is set to 800x400 that's what will be rendered.

Actually, I liked how it was in 1.2 - you can resize preview how you want but always may return to 'target' resolution by double click.

Tugpsx wrote:Preview is full image 30 FPS. You can scrub the animation, but we are not creating an animation editor so its basic playback for now. The format supported is dependent on your output. Will have to confirm .exr playback.

And .png 16 bit too :) Again, I cannot remember anyone demanded this feature.

Tugpsx wrote:No i'm not trying to anger anyone, just dropping a few hints.

Whatever you do, situation by itself is causing the anger. Look, Studio 4.8 went from first beta to release through 5 betas while you're still 'testing new features', people reporting that prev betas of OcDS stop working with DS 4.8 (not yet upgraded myself so cannot confirm) THAT's causing the anger.

OK. Have upgraded to 4.8, OcDS 1.2 works as it was in 4.7
Last edited by asennov on Tue May 26, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 7SP1 64bit | i7 3770 | 32Gb RAM | 2x780GTX
asennov
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby hshepard3 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:45 pm

hshepard3 Tue May 26, 2015 7:45 pm
I just installed 4.8 and it seems to work okay with Octane 1.2. I just set up a quick scene with Vicky 6 and a ground plane. I rendered with iRay while Octane was up, as well as with 3Deluxe. When I put iRay materials on Vicky and updated the materials in Octane, she disappeared from view, but when I blanked them she reappeared. Everything was relatively stable, but again, this was a very simple scene.
hshepard3
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Tue May 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Tugpsx Tue May 26, 2015 8:39 pm
hshepard3 wrote:I just installed 4.8 and it seems to work okay with Octane 1.2. I just set up a quick scene with Vicky 6 and a ground plane. I rendered with iRay while Octane was up, as well as with 3Deluxe. When I put iRay materials on Vicky and updated the materials in Octane, she disappeared from view, but when I blanked them she reappeared. Everything was relatively stable, but again, this was a very simple scene.

Can confirm that the latest version of Daz 4.8 does support 1.2. As far as the materials, That version of Octane requires a bitmap whereas Iray uses a procedural method for materials and therefore the trick will be to complete the conversion of materials from Iray to Octane. As I said before if you really want great skin look towards RedSpec method. Tony's skin shader is great too and the recent one works on Daz figures too. The older versions were geared to other figures so you had to scale them to get it to work..
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thongology » Tue May 26, 2015 8:40 pm

thongology Tue May 26, 2015 8:40 pm
Tugpsx wrote:No i'm not trying to anger anyone, just dropping a few hints. Some have been asked to join in and refuse so please wait patiently as the reports return on the latest update. The changes from this weekend will need to be validated or we may consider the previous update while validating these changes.

While I've been as critical as others in the recent past, I don't believe this post is worthy of derision:

1. It is detailed
2. It indicates that work was done over memorial day weekend, which equals effort (if the devs are in other countries, they can still have the bonus points :) )
3. A plan was outlined (fix current issues after beta feedback, or release previous update)

In my opinion, "soon," which has meant 6 months+ around here, is beginning to take on its usual meaning. I will be surprised if this isn't done by the end of July, partly since I don't think any of us anticipated 4.8 to be released so soon. The moving target just stopped moving.

Tugpsx, if you're more than a week out, I humbly suggest you update us weekly until release with as much detail as you've just done here. It will go a long way toward maintaining civility around here.

Also, slightly off topic, but 4.8 didn't do it for me. We're all here for speed. If we weren't we'd be satisfied with Reality/Luxus/Cycles (via mcasual's script). If it's going to take 30+ seconds to send geometry to IRay per frame, before rendering, the engine is useless to me. It'd still be faster to render in Octane one frame at a time and save each one individually than to use IRay. Once this plugin is finished, it is far and away worth the $500 price difference.

None of this, of course, excuses OTOY's unprofessional behavior.
EVGA Z97 Classified| 4790K @ 4.7 ghz| 32GB RAM | 2 x Titan X | Windows 8.1 Pro | GeForce Driver 365.19
thongology
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio