Alpha shadow and ground influence

Forums: Alpha shadow and ground influence
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

Alpha shadow and ground influence

Postby César » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm

César Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm
Hello,

I am trying to make a render with alpha channel, so I check Alphachannel on the Mesh Preview Kernel, and I check Matte on my orange ground object, but I his color influence is very little, almost inperceptible.

Is possible to keep his original influence with the alpha shadow ?
Attachments
Image1.jpg
César
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Alpha shadow and ground influence

Postby kavorka » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:59 pm

kavorka Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:59 pm
César wrote:Hello,

I am trying to make a render with alpha channel, so I check Alphachannel on the Mesh Preview Kernel, and I check Matte on my orange ground object, but I his color influence is very little, almost inperceptible.

Is possible to keep his original influence with the alpha shadow ?

Until they fix this, what I do is do multiple passes, one for the shadow ect and composite it together (using a mat ID pass). This way, you can put the shadow catcher pass down and then composite the original sphere over that.
Intel quad core i5 @ 4.0 ghz | 8 gigs of Ram | Geforce GTX 470 - 1.25 gigs of Ram
kavorka
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ROUBAL » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 am

ROUBAL Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 am
You can get colored reflexions on your model in one pass only :

Make sure that you have enabled the transmission node in the Diffuse/matte material of the shadow catcher plane.

Adjust the wanted color in the transmission slot : it changes the color of the shadow and reflects onto your model !

You can even use an image if your Matte plane is UV mapped, and the image should reflect onto the model, emitted from the area of shadow.

The matte plane can also emit light from the shadow area !
French Blender user - CPU : intel Quad QX9650 at 3GHz - 8GB of RAM - Windows 7 Pro 64 bits. Display GPU : GeForce GTX 480 (2 Samsung 2443BW-1920x1600 monitors). External GPUs : two EVGA GTX 580 3GB in a Cubix GPU-Xpander Pro 2. NVidia Driver : 368.22.
ROUBAL
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby César » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 am

César Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 am
Indeed, the transmission able to color the shadow, but it doesn't make exactly the same effect. The multi-pass seems to be the best to get the same render, or maybe I am doing something wrong ?
Attachments
Image2.jpg
César
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Development Build Releases