wish list

Forums: wish list
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

wish list

Postby mesut » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 pm

mesut Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 pm
i believe, it is too naughty to set up this kind of wish list. especially when i have never thanked you for your efforts to provide a plug for the c4d community.

nevertheless i'd like to open this thread with a wish - maybe this is more of a question, due to the fact that i'd consider myself as something like "dumb" when it comes to coding... well... and quite a few other things, i guess ;)

- could it be possible to export the project structure in some way?
now, we have one octane-object that is accumulated by the objects in the object manager.
is there a way, that we could get each and every object as a single object in octane? maybe, as an option, so we can decide: one object for the whole structure or each object exported as a sinlge object?
or even more custom: with the use of a tag, that sets come kind of "object-group"...

i guess, we could add some dozens of futher wishes, but i'll stop here and invite others to express others to provide wishes - or close down this thread due to its probably inappropriate nature

in each case, thx for your attention and - obviously - the efforts that you've been investing to provide octane-usability to the c4d community.

mesut.
win7prof. | i7 4930, 32gb | 2*980ti 6g for renderings | 1*660 for displays
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: wish list

Postby abstrax » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm

abstrax Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm
mesut wrote:i believe, it is too naughty to set up this kind of wish list. especially when i have never thanked you for your efforts to provide a plug for the c4d community.

nevertheless i'd like to open this thread with a wish - maybe this is more of a question, due to the fact that i'd consider myself as something like "dumb" when it comes to coding... well... and quite a few other things, i guess ;)

- could it be possible to export the project structure in some way?

Unfortunately not possible.

now, we have one octane-object that is accumulated by the objects in the object manager.

Yes, this is the way Octane works at the moment.

is there a way, that we could get each and every object as a single object in octane? maybe, as an option, so we can decide: one object for the whole structure or each object exported as a sinlge object?

Unfortunately not.

or even more custom: with the use of a tag, that sets come kind of "object-group"...

See above.

i guess, we could add some dozens of futher wishes, but i'll stop here and invite others to express others to provide wishes - or close down this thread due to its probably inappropriate nature

in each case, thx for your attention and - obviously - the efforts that you've been investing to provide octane-usability to the c4d community.

mesut.

Wishes are fine and I try to implement them, but at the moment the interface to Octane is very limited. It's mainly writing one(!) OBJ/MTL and launching Octane with some command line parameters to pass in additional information that can't be stored in OBJ files, like camera positions. Also keep in mind, that there exists an exporter guideline I have to follow. And pretty much everything of that guideline is implemented in version 0.08. The next version 0.09 will just be a polished version of 0.08.

I guess, in the future there will be a better way to bring information into Octane, but for now that's it more or less. At the moment the Octane developers are busy improving the render engine, so any import/export improvements may take a while.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby mesut » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:24 pm

mesut Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:24 pm
i see. thx for your clarifications.
good to kind of see the inside.
win7prof. | i7 4930, 32gb | 2*980ti 6g for renderings | 1*660 for displays
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Vincent » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:15 am

Vincent Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:15 am
Wishes for Octane export :

-> Multiple frame range for export animation.

-> Octane C4D tags to setup some object properties for export.
(exemples : convert C4D light to Octane mesh emitter for next Octane render update;
or switch ON/OFF choosen mesh objects for export)
Win7 x64 - Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz) - Geforce GTX 285 - 12Go RAM
www.wipix.fr
Vincent
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm

radiance Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm
we will be supplying a few new guidelines/changes/addons for the upcoming beta 2.3 for the exporters, however i'd like to keep things backwards compatible.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby Vincent » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Vincent Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:11 pm
Other(s) wish(es) :
Currently, the window settings of Octane export plugin, blocks all other actions in Cinema 4D. It's a bit annoying. Is it possible to change this?
www.wipix.fr
Vincent
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby acc24ex » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm

acc24ex Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm
Vincent wrote:Other(s) wish(es) :
Currently, the window settings of Octane export plugin, blocks all other actions in Cinema 4D. It's a bit annoying. Is it possible to change this?

+ on that
also it always pops out on the main monitor, and I'm having a three monitor setup and my hand started to hurt from all the scrolling, so making it a floater and give us a octane render button that would make it nice and pretty :)
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 pm

abstrax Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 pm
Vincent wrote:Other(s) wish(es) :

This is unfortunately non-trivial as I then would have to keep track of all changes in the document or when the document itself gets closed or you switch the document. I might have a look at this problem later or might follow a different approach at all, as I have a few alternative ideas. The wish is noted :)

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Vincent » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 am

Vincent Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 am
Thank you Abstrax !
www.wipix.fr
Vincent
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer