unable to load in maya 2023

Forums: unable to load in maya 2023
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

unable to load in maya 2023

Postby adrian.wyer » Sun May 07, 2023 12:25 pm

adrian.wyer Sun May 07, 2023 12:25 pm
trying to load "OctaneRender_Demo_for_Maya_2022.1.1_-_21.24" on maya 2023 (this is the only version available on the demo download page so assume it's up to date)

first question; does it even work with maya 2023? (seeing as it's labelled for 2022?!)
once installed, in the plugin manager i try to load and get the following error;

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/OctaneRender Demo for Maya/2023/plug-ins/OctanePlugin.mll
// The specified module could not be found.
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified module could not be found.
// (OctanePlugin)

i've seen other posts regarding the need for Bifrost 24.0 and xgen to be loaded, they both are...however i am still unable to load the demo plugin.

As a studio owner where we have been using redshift for over 8 years years, i was impressed by recent Octane examples and was hoping to get my feet wet with a view to perhaps switching to Octane at work... the purchasing decision rests with me primarily.
It's unfortunate that i can't even get it running to appraise it's suitability for the company...

any help gratefully received
and if this is a version issue, perhaps some clearer notes regarding compatibility would help others in my situation

thanks
adrian.wyer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion