External Graphics Cards PC

Forums: External Graphics Cards PC
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: External Graphics Cards PC

Postby Tutor » Fri May 22, 2015 11:36 am

Tutor Fri May 22, 2015 11:36 am
smicha wrote:Thanks for info!

I am still curious if there is any way to get 12 gpus (octane limit) working on a single mobo (amfeltec splitters, any splitters, raisers,....)

We should have a better understanding of that by the end of June 2015, pending receipt of riser cables ordered from afar.
Last edited by Tutor on Fri May 22, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because I have 180+ GPU processers in 16 tweaked/multiOS systems - Character limit prevents detailed stats.
Tutor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Location: Suburb of Birmingham, AL - Home of the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute

Postby smicha » Fri May 22, 2015 11:41 am

smicha Fri May 22, 2015 11:41 am
Tutor wrote:

I am still curious if there is any way to get 12 gpus (octane limit) working on a single mobo (amfeltec splitters, any splitters, raisers,....)

We should have a better understanding of that by the end of June 2015.

Could you please share this secret - do you plan to test such a config by the end of June? What motherboard will be used?
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tutor » Fri May 22, 2015 11:54 am

Tutor Fri May 22, 2015 11:54 am
smicha wrote:
Tutor wrote:

We should have a better understanding of that by the end of June 2015.

Could you please share this secret - do you plan to test such a config by the end of June? What motherboard will be used?

Yes. My goal is to further extend my two Tyan Servers - FT72-B7015_V2.1 and to fully extend my two Supermicro Super X9QRi-F+'s & my two 7xPCIe x16-slotted EVGA SR-2s with risers and splitters. I've been sharpening, honing and hardening my I/O chops.
Last edited by Tutor on Fri May 22, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Because I have 180+ GPU processers in 16 tweaked/multiOS systems - Character limit prevents detailed stats.
Tutor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Location: Suburb of Birmingham, AL - Home of the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute

Postby Tutor » Fri May 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Tutor Fri May 22, 2015 12:02 pm
glimpse wrote:You're crazy Cuys! That's impresive setup =)
(though I still preffer cards inside the case)

I must be the craziest of crazies because I'm planning on placing the GPUs for my 24 systems partially and wholly out of the box - risers on order!
Tutor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tutor » Fri May 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Tutor Fri May 22, 2015 12:10 pm
smicha wrote:That floats my boat :)

Now a serious question: you have 4xZ+1X which work in octane. What do you think, guys, if this IO space for such config is seen same as 5 gpus or 9 gpus?
... .

Nine.
Tutor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Fri May 22, 2015 12:23 pm

smicha Fri May 22, 2015 12:23 pm
Tutor wrote:
glimpse wrote:You're crazy Cuys! That's impresive setup =)
(though I still preffer cards inside the case)

I must be the craziest of crazies because I'm planning on placing the GPUs for my 24 systems partially and wholly out of the box - risers on order!

:shock: :mrgreen:
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby itou31 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:53 pm

itou31 Fri May 22, 2015 6:53 pm
Hi tutor,

good info to take about math you do... I'm a bit lazy on math... :D
My motherboard is asus x79 deluxe. And yes I think that a Titan Z would be welcomed !
I7-3930K 64Go RAM Win8.1pro , main 3 titans + 780Ti
Xeon 2696V3 64Go RAM Win8.1/win10/win7, 2x 1080Ti + 3x 980Ti + 2x Titan Black
itou31
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Sun May 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Notiusweb Sun May 24, 2015 12:28 pm
Tutor - I love reading the math! I wish I could see a 3D animated render from Maya, Blender, or Max, that would give the visual on how the math courses through your mind with the schematics.

Between the physical arrangement of our GPUs and tweaking of our OS boundaries, there may be an emergence of AI self awareness. So we should hook up a projector to our rigs, and maybe one day when turning on the PC, a rendered 3D image will appear, and be talking back to us.

It always made me happy to be called crazy :D
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tutor » Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am

Tutor Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Notiusweb wrote:Tutor - I love reading the math! I wish I could see a 3D animated render from Maya, Blender, or Max, that would give the visual on how the math courses through your mind with the schematics.

Between the physical arrangement of our GPUs and tweaking of our OS boundaries, there may be an emergence of AI self awareness. So we should hook up a projector to our rigs, and maybe one day when turning on the PC, a rendered 3D image will appear, and be talking back to us.

It always made me happy to be called crazy :D

I don't see Dead People, but I do see numbers everywhere and throughout each day. My nickname "Tutor" came from a few of my classmates in junior high school (now named "Johnnie L. Cochran Junior Middle School") in 1967, when I turned age 14. One day when I returned to my junior high school from tutoring elementary school students in mathematics, those contemporaries of mine pinned the nickname "Tutor" on me, poking fun at me because that was why I had a work permit that gave me permission to leave our school for about 1 and 1/2 hrs. during the school day. While attending high school, I tutored students in mathematics and I was allowed to complete college level mathematics courses. Mathematics provided me with the opportunity to overcome my then shyness and to meet and help lots of children, as well as a means for me to help pay for my living expenses during my youth, and thus to ease the financial burden on my mom of rearing me. I bet that not one of my classmates who pinned that nickname on me considered that I would still be embracing that nickname well into my 60s, and inviting people all over the world to call me "Tutor." I wouldn't have then imagined it. The nickname given to me to shame me has failed in its purpose.
Tutor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Tue May 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Notiusweb Tue May 26, 2015 1:59 pm
That's great Tutor, and inspirational - taking an obstacle and creating innovation from it. We all face the world, and either we move forward by exploring, learning, and building, or by tearing things and others down to create the illusion of moving forward. i don't want an illusion, unless it is a 3D rendered image! I have to say, I'n not going to be happy with a plug and play solution unless I can explore pushing the boundaries. I am looking at Amfeltec gear too. In my own experience I'm finding that OCd cards require more attention than their stock clocked twins, I wonder what makes the better expansion, uniformity (adding same identical cards), or upgrade (newer different card, faster OC).
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion