Real world texture size.

Forums: Real world texture size.
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Real world texture size.

Postby BennettsAssociates » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:31 pm

BennettsAssociates Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:31 pm
This is probably the simplest question on texture scaling.

We use use extensively Arrowway textures as they have a real world scale that we can map accurately.

http://www.arroway-textures.com/en/prod ... 1/contents

This is easy to to in max/ sketchup vray.

Is there any way to set the real world scale of the texture. Or does anyone know what the size assumption is by octane so I can work out correct the scale factor.

We're trying to set up materials in the stand alone that can then be used in REVIT MAX and SKETCH-UP.

Go on show me how dumb i'm being!
BennettsAssociates
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Real world texture size.

Postby glimpse » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:06 pm

glimpse Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:06 pm
ghm..it nothing dumb here..

but if You want to get good (or I should say best) results You should UV Your objects, make "seems" in corect places & so on..- at least that how it is done by those who set trends by their realism in arch viz..

Texture itself doesn't carry any scale, I mean, it's just a bunch of pixels..I'd say the best would be tune by eye..unless someOne who is operating the "library" don't want to use time..
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Resources and Sharing