Will you have enough GPUs for all of us?

Forums: Will you have enough GPUs for all of us?
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Will you have enough GPUs for all of us?

Postby coilbook » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 am

coilbook Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 am
Hi.
If octane cloud is priced well will you have enough GPUs for all of us. What if I rent 50 GPUs then how many will be left for others?
Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Will you have enough GPUs for all of us?

Postby glimpse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 am

glimpse Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 am
I believe OTOY developers have a possibility to leverade Amazon infrastructure under demand so with this in mind I'm pretty sure there will be more power than You would be able to use =)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:09 am

Goldorak Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:09 am
There's no hard limit. We have thousands of GPUs already running on ORC today. We also have a great relation with AWS, and they are ready to provision more resources if ORC needs it.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ristoraven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:56 am

ristoraven Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:56 am
Goldorak wrote:There's no hard limit. We have thousands of GPUs already running on ORC today. We also have a great relation with AWS, and they are ready to provision more resources if ORC needs it.

So, I could do an animation in 18432 X 1536 cubic resolution, have 2000 frames scene, with PMC kernel and, say, 5000 samples, I could get all the frames back about how soon? Will it render all of the frames simultaneously? So, if one frame takes couple hours to cook (for arguments sake), I'll get 2000 frames within couple hours?

(I can't believe what I am asking right now and actually typing those words.. :) )
ristoraven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 am

coilbook Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 am
i bet they will charge you per GPU you use per hour. I hope they wont do it since it will be too expensive
I hope they can give us plans per month Like 100 GPU plan unlimited use 100 dollars a moth or so. 300 GPU plan 250 per month I would sign up
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:41 am

Goldorak Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:41 am
coilbook wrote:i bet they will charge you per GPU you use per hour. I hope they wont do it since it will be too expensive
I hope they can give us plans per month Like 100 GPU plan unlimited use 100 dollars a moth or so. 300 GPU plan 250 per month I would sign up

For live rendering, the cost per GPU minute is what we charge on X.IO.

For ORC, latency is not going to be as important as a live X.IO stream, and results don't need to be processed at the same rate for all jobs or all users. If you need thousands of GPU hours (there are ~720 hours/month, and let's assume useful work happens across several GPUs), then the real question is how fast do those GPU hours need to be processed in parallel? Depending on whether that is months, weeks, days, hours or minutes, your costs will vary. The faster you need a job done, the more you might pay, just like shipping a package costs more if it is overnight vs. next week delivery.

The less urgent the render job, the easier it is to fit that work into the cheapest possible rendering slot between high priority jobs.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:14 am

Rikk The Gaijin Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:14 am
Goldorak wrote:
coilbook wrote:For ORC, latency is not going to be as important as a live X.IO stream, and results don't need to be processed at the same rate for all jobs or all users. If you need thousands of GPU hours (there are ~720 hours/month, and let's assume useful work happens across several GPUs), then the real question is how fast do those GPU hours need to be processed in parallel? Depending on whether that is months, weeks, days, hours or minutes, your costs will vary. The faster you need a job done, the more you might pay, just like shipping a package costs more if it is overnight vs. next week delivery.

The less urgent the render job, the easier it is to fit that work into the cheapest possible rendering slot between high priority jobs.

This makes perfect sense. Now the real question is: how much? ;)
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneRender Cloud